JJ TALBOTT’S LITTLE PELICAN PARTY IS BACK!
6pm – 10pm
This year it will be located on Jefferson Street in front of TT Wentworth Museum with a grand entrance on the corner of Government and Jefferson. Starting at 6pm, the street will be transformed into a carnival-themed block party with an array of FREE kids activities from bounce houses and obstacle courses to a kid’s dance party with a live DJ! There will also be face painters, balloon artists, popcorn & cotton candy machines and lots of giveaways including balloons, glow bars, commemorative t-shirts and more!
At 8pm our staff will lead the children to the Main Stage for the lighting and raising of the Pelican. After that we will come back to the children’s area for an amazing aerial and hoop performance by Kudzu Aerial.
Kids will also have the chance to meet many local mascots including the Cat from CAT Country, Maverick from Ice Flyers, Kazoo from Blue Wahoos, Argo from UWF and the Pensacon Storm Troopers. There will be plenty of seating for adults to relax while the children play, and this year the Little Pelican Party won’t stop until just before the Pelican drops!
Little Pelican Party Community Participation and Activities:
- Bounce Houses and Obstacle Courses
- Aerial Performances by Kudzu Aerial
- Kid-Friendly Dance Party with a live DJ
- Facepainters, Cotton Candy and Popcorn Machines
- Stilt Walkers and Balloon Animal Artists
- Free Balloons, Glow Bars and other Fun Stuff
- Limited amount of Commemorative T-Shirts in kid’s sizes
- Adult Seating Area
- Pensacon Storm Troopers – Characters from Pensacon to mingle with the crowd with comic books and other surprise characters
- Mascots: Chick Fil A Cows, Maverick from Ice Flyers, Kazoo from Blue Wahoos, Argo from UWF, Cat from Cat Country, Subway Sandwich, Papa John’s Pizza and more!