Registered Behavior Technician Overtime Claims


The attorneys at the Law Office J.J. Talbott are currently investigating unpaid overtime claims for Registered Behavior Technicians (RBT) and Assistant Behavior Analysist who work more than 40 hours a week without being paid overtime pay or who have been classified as independent contractors.   

What is this investigation about?

We believe that many employers or companies that provide therapy services for children with developmental disabilities, such as Autism, do not properly pay their employees overtime as required by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).  Specifically, we believe that RBT’s and Assistant Behavior Analysist should not be classified as independent contractors and we believe that all of these employees should be paid overtime for all hours over forty (40) in a workweek. 

If you worked as a RBT or as an Assistant Behavior Analysist and were paid as an independent contractor or were not paid the overtime premium pay (time and a half) for hours worked over forty (40) in a workweek, then you may be entitled to unpaid overtime plus an equal amount of liquidated damages.

How many years can I “go  back” to recover unpaid wages?

The Fair Labor Standards Act only allows an employee/Plaintiff to seek unpaid wages for two years prior to the date that the lawsuit was filed, or for any person seeking to “opt in” to a collective action lawsuit, two years from the date that they file their “opt in”.  However, for “willful” violations, the employee can seek to recover three years of unpaid wages.  This is what is commonly referred to as the statute of limitations.

Do you have to pay you any money to have your claim evaluated?

The short answer is no. We are accepting these cases on a contingency basis and we are fronting all cost.  If we do not recover any monies from the employer, then you owe us no fees or costs.

What if I want to talk to an attorney to get more specifics about the investigation or my rights?

If you have questions about whether you can recover in the lawsuit, or wish to talk to someone before joining the lawsuit, please feel free to contact us for a free consultation at (850) 695-8331 or via email at